Birdwatcher Crafts | Inspired Ideas
I’m an avid birder — I find our feathered friends absolutely mesmerizing.
And as any birder knows, the fastest way to attract local species to your yard is to fill your feeders with their favorite seed mixes.
Here’s a pretty way to keep a supply on hand in an attractive container — an easy project that’ll brighten your home, or brighten the day for any birdwatcher you know who’s eagerly anticipating spring’s exhilarating arrival.
- glass apothecary jar with cover
- painter’s tape
- chalkboard paint
- bird seed
- card or tag stock
- hole punch
1. At your local discount store, pick out an attractive covered apothecary jar, big enough to hold a substantial amount of bird seed.
2. Affix painter’s tape in two large bands around the jar, top edge and bottom edge, leaving a 3-inch-wide band in the middle free.
3. Now coat the tape-free band with chalkboard paint.
4. Remove the tape while the paint’s still wet.