Birdwatcher Crafts | Inspired Ideas
And as any birder knows, the fastest way to attract local species to your yard is to fill your feeders with their favorite seed mixes.
Here’s a pretty way to keep a supply on hand in an attractive container — an easy project that’ll brighten your home, or brighten the day for any birdwatcher you know who’s eagerly anticipating spring’s exhilarating arrival.
- glass apothecary jar with cover
- painter’s tape
- chalkboard paint
- bird seed
- card or tag stock
- hole punch
1. At your local discount store, pick out an attractive covered apothecary jar, big enough to hold a substantial amount of bird seed.
2. Affix painter’s tape in two large bands around the jar, top edge and bottom edge, leaving a 3-inch-wide band in the middle free.
3. Now coat the tape-free band with chalkboard paint.
4. Remove the tape while the paint’s still wet.