Apples and Pork
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This can be made in a slow cooker; simply follow the directions for cooking pork.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 to 4 pounds lean pork (boneless is preferred, but boned chops can be used)
- 6 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spice
- 6 small red-skin potatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and coarsely cut
- 2 cups white pearl onions, peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 firm tart apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
Cut the pork into large chunks. Put the pork, applesauce, and spice into a large pot. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 4 hours. One to 1-1/2 hours before the cooking finishes, add the potatoes, carrots, and onions and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Fifteen minutes before the cooking finishes, add the apple slices and stir. Remove the pork, vegetables, and apples to a large platter and pour 1 cup of the sauce over it all. Serve the remaining sauce on the side.