Baked Eggs a la Grafton
Yield: Serves 6
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 slices bread, 1 inch thick with crust removed, buttered
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup fresh chives
- 7.25-ounce jar roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sun-dried tomato basil cheddar cheese
- 6 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
Instructions:Spray a 9x13-inch pan. Butter bread and line in pan. Salt and pepper bread to taste. Top bread with chives, red pepper, and mushrooms. Spread 1/4 cup cheese on each slice. Mix together eggs and milk. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning: Bake uncovered in 350 degrees F oven for about 1 hour, or until lightly golden.