Yield: Serves 10 to 12.
This tasty rice bears the same name as Bashir's Basha's Exquisite Gifts shop in Northampton, and it's almost as full of pleasant surprises. But be sure to use the natural pistachios -- not the pink or you won't get the lovely warm saffron color.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups white rice, washed and picked over as necessary
- 1 generous handful each shelled plain pistachio nuts, whole almonds, and cashews
- 3 cups water (approximately)
- 1 handful raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 generous pinches saffron
- 1 handful fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)