Belgian Endive and Scallops with Fettuccine
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Tender noodles, coated with a silken sauce, are tossed with shredded Belgian endive and tiny scallops. Serve as a luncheon or light supper.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 medium heads Belgian shredded Belgian endive
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound fettuccine, boiled and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions:1. Trim the Belgian endive and slice the heads into thin rounds. Separate the rounds into shreds. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the Belgian endive and toss to coat evenly. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until limp. Sprinkle on the sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the wine, scallops, bay leaf, and thyme. Increase the heat and bring to a gentle bubble. Cook until the scallops are firm and the liquid is reduced by half.
2. Stir in the cream and simmer for 30 seconds. Remove the bay leaf. Add the hot, drained fettuccine and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.