Ceci Bean Salad
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Whether you call them ceci beans, chickpeas, or garbanzos, these beans are tasty and good for you besides. This marinated bean salad makes a delicious dish that holds up well on a buffet table. It can be made in advance and keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 can (19 ounces) chickpeas (ceci beans or garbanzos)
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh or dried sage leaves
- 1 jar (3 ounces) pimientos, chopped
- 10 fresh parsley sprigs, leaves only, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 whole green scallions, diced, or 3 tablespoons minced sweet onion
Instructions:In a medium-size saucepan, combine the beans and their liquid with the water. Simmer gently for 15 minutes. Drain, place in a warm bowl, cover, and keep warm while you prepare the dressing.
Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. (Note: If you're using dried sage leaves, soak them in the wine vinegar for about 15 minutes before combining with the other ingredients.)
Pour the dressing over the warm beans. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.