Chilled Summer Gazpacho with an Herbed Sour Cream
Yield: 8 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 medium-size beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 scallions
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tasteGarnish
- Herbed sour cream
- 8 red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 medium-size golden tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 8 sprigs cilantro
Core tomatoes, then cut them in half crosswise to expose seeds. Gently squeeze out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and scallions. Stir together with remaining ingredients -- except garnish-- and refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls and decorate each with a dollop of Herbed Sour Cream, 2 cherry-tomato halves, and 3 golden-tomato wedges. Top with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
Gazpacho may be made up to 2 days in advance.
Herbed Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Caribbean dry spice mix
- Salt, to taste
Mix all ingredients together.