Hawaiian Wedding Cake Recipe
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
We're delighted that this Hawaiian weddding cake recipe, which uses pineapple as its main ingredient, made its way to New England. It's quick, easy, and absolutely delicious -- great for a party. The cake itself is so moist and full of flavor that it would be almost as good without the frosting.
Want more? Read about how to make Hawaiian Wedding Cake.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice (do not drain)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
To make the cake, sift the flour and soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Pour into the baking pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients and beat until smooth. Once cake has cooled completely , smooth frosting over the Hawaiian Wedding Cake and top with a cherry, if desired.