Personal New England
Some of our favorite writers from the pages of Yankee write about the places they love in New England — and why they love them.
Come with them and learn about Reid State Park (pictured here) in Georgetown, Maine; Wickenden Street in Providence, Rhode Island; Zealand Pond, New Hampshire; and Chatham, Massachusetts.
All these and more — it’s why we all love New England.
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.
- Georgetown, ME: Reid State Park
- Norwalk, CT: Lockwood-Mathews Mansion
- Zealand Pond, NH: Prettiest Easy Hike
- Block Island, RI: Snorkeling
- Chatham, MA: Cape Cod Baseball
- Mount Mansfield, VT: Hiking
- Oak Bluffs, MA: Kayaking
- Providence, RI | Wickenden Street
- Rockport, MA | Paintings
- Burlington, VT: Church Street
- Portland, ME: Urban Park
- New Haven, CT | Pizza Wars
- Gilford, NH: Ellacoya State Park
- The Press Room | Poetry in Portsmouth, NH
- Grand Lake Stream, ME: Paddling
- Boston, MA: Boston Public Library