A July 4th Celebration!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray
Giant Cupcake Pan cavities with vegetable pan spray with flour.
- Pour 3 1/2 cups batter into base/bottom
half of pan and 2 1/2 cups batter into top part of pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in
pan 20 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Stack cake layers on serving plate with icing
between layers. Decorate sides of cupcake with lines of red and blue Decorating Tip #18 stars. Cover cupcake top
with white icing using Decorating Tip #1M stars. Sprinkle with nonpareils; attach icing
Makes 12 servings
Black Forest Brownie With Frozen Cherry Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) individually
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (about 15 ounces
each) brownie mix (8 x 8-inch size)
- Eggs, water and oil to prepare mix
- Vanilla Whipped Icing
or whipped topping
- Whole Bing cherries, for garnish
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, water, lemon juice and extract; stir
until sugar is dissolved. Place in freezer until slushy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In food processor fitted
with grater attachment, grate frozen cherries. Immediately whisk into slushy sugar syrup. Cover with plastic wrap
or place in airtight container. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until mixture is a soft serve consistency. Fold in ice
cream; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray Dessert Shell Pan with
vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, prepare brownie mix following package instructions; spoon 1/2 the batter into
cavities of prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in pan 5 minutes;
remove from pan and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place cooled brownie dessert shell on
plate; add scoop of cherry ice cream mixture; add whipped icing and cherry to garnish.
Makes about 6 servings