Spring Recipes from New England Chefs
With April showers, signs of life finally begin to spring from long-dormant earth–first the croci, then the real edibles. We talked to New England chefs about what they hanker for and why. These fresh ingredients will arrive in your gardens and local farmers’ markets at varying times depending on where you live in New England, but whenever they do, follow the lead of these talented and committed artisans and you just might feel a quicker spring in your step.
There’s a recipe in each chef’s interview.
- Evan Mallett -- Portsmouth, NH
- Melissa Kelly -- Rockland, ME
- Lara Atkins -- Richmond, VT
- Michel Nischan -- Westport, CT
- Matt Jennings -- Providence, RI
- Josh Ziskin -- Brookline, MA