Gourmet Kitchen Supplies | New England's Finest
Stock up on artisan-crafted kitchen basics and gourmet staples.
1. You could use this family-size cherrywood salad bowl ($79) every night and it would still last a lifetime; mini wooden bowls (set of four $12) have endless practical uses.
New Hampshire Bowl and Board,
Contoocook, NH. 603-648-9566; newhampshirebowlandboard.com
2. Pewter fruit-blossom measuring spoons ($48) by metalsmiths Sandra Bonazoli (a faculty member at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston) and Jim Dowd make precision baking and cooking a pleasure.
Beehive Kitchenware Co.,
Fall River, MA. 508-678-4335; beehivekitchenware.com
3. Some of the best natural, seasoned, and smoked sea salts (4-ounce grinder $8.49-$9.99; 6-ounce glass jar $10.49-$12) come from the coast of Maine.
Maine Sea Salt Company,
Marshfield, ME. 207-255-3310; maineseasalt.com
4. This “Heritage Collection” hickory serving board ($56) is inspired by enduring 18th-century design principles; a high-quality pie roller (10×17/8-inch $12) comes in handy for holiday baking.
J. K. Adams Co.,
Dorset, VT. 800-451-6118; jkadams.com
5. Keep bottles of Maine-made aged balsamic vinegar ($16.95) and fig balsamic and garlic dipping oils ($17.95 each) in your pantry for maximum flavor whenever you need it.
Portland, ME. 207-228-2028; mainespantry.com
6. Acclaimed chef Ana Sortun’s favorite spices and custom spice blends come in sets ($16 each) for home cooks to play with in their own dishes.
Cambridge, MA. 617-661-0505; oleanarestaurant.com
7. Artist Jen Matlack uses vintage silverplated tableware, her own original drawings, and hand-dyed muslin ribbon to create one-of-a-kind garlands ($42-$60) perfect for the kitchen.
Bethel, CT. 203-748-0791; etsy.com/shop/daisychestnut
8. Shape rolled-out dough into festive forms with snowflake and tree cutters ($3.99 each) made by “the cookie cutter people from Vermont.”
Ann Clark Ltd.,
Rutland, VT. 802-773-7886; annclarkcookiecutters.com
9. Rhode Island School of Design grad Asya Palatova crafts her simple-chic porcelain bowls (from $25 for a “Roly Poly” to $85 for a set of two “Organic” bowls), plus cups and plates, by hand and to order.
Pawtucket, RI. 401-952-6361; gleena.com, etsy.com/shop/gleenashop