Greener Living at Home
A biodegradable material is something that has the ability to safely and relatively quickly break down into the raw materials of nature and disappear into the environment.
A sustainable product is something made from renewable resources, which means they can grow back quickly and can be harvested with minimal harm to the environment.
Petrochemicals are chemical products made from raw materials of petroleum.
There are many easy things you can do to make your home a cleaner, greener place to live.
- Living Room: One of the easiest ways to save energy is to turn off the television when you leave the room.
- Kitchen: Use kitchen cloths, napkins or hand towels made from bamboo or organic fibers. They are made from renewable resources.
- Bedroom: Use rechargeable batteries for toys and electronics. If you use disposable batteries, be sure to recycle them properly.
- Bathroom: Save water by placing a bucket in the shower or tub while waiting for water to get warm. Use it for watering plants or rinsing dishes.
- Yard: Clothes dryers are one of the least energy efficient household appliances. On a sunny day, line-dry your laundry.
Clorox Green Works