Making a Marathon Green
They also offer some tips for what you can do:
- Car pool or bike to the race. Better yet, try occasionally running or cycling to work.
- Use refillable water bottles when you’re exercising.
- Recycle old running shoes through shoe recycling programs, available across the country.
- Hold onto those wrappers. Dispose of in clearly marked containers along the course.
- Buy sports drinks in bulk to conserve on packaging and recycle those bottles.
- Seek out events that make an effort to be more green or raise money to support environmentally friendly causes.
- Carpool to events when possible.
If you are looking for an entertaining read, chock full of great tips on ways to live green, you should check out “Green Chic”. Author Christie Matheson, is both tr
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.