Foliage Reporter Jim Salge Returns for the 2015 Foliage Season

Posted Monday, August 3rd, 2015

Yankee Plus Dec 2015

Foliage Reporter Jim Salge Returns for the 2015 Foliage Season
Print Friendly

jim-salgeOur foliage expert, Jim Salge, will be returning for the 2015 foliage season to provide Yankee readers with weekly foliage updates beginning on August 20th.

As a former meteorologist at the Mount Washington Observatory, Jim is a keen observer of the progression of the seasons in New England. He’ll use his knowledge of weather, geography and climate to pinpoint the best time to visit various New England locations to find the best light, atmosphere, and most importantly, color.

Jim has a deep routed appreciation for the nature and the wilderness, which has manifested itself into numerous outdoor pursuits. He spends his free time exploring the New England landscape, often beginning before dawn, and staying out after sunset, immersing himself in the ecology of the natural environment. He has long enjoyed hiking, fly fishing, mountain biking and cross country skiing, but now plans these activities to complement his photography.

8 Responses to Foliage Reporter Jim Salge Returns for the 2015 Foliage Season

1. Vernon Winders August 19, 2014 at 11:38 am #

Dear Jim Salge,

My name is Vernon Winders, and I have never been to New England, and would love to come there and enjoy the fall foliage. Sugar Maples being my favorite fall foliage tree, I am hoping to you can tell me the best places to go, and the best time to do this for this year, 2014.

I thank you so kindly for any information on seeing these kinds of trees and their foliage, as well as, a good place to stay for lodging while I am there?

Vernon Winders

2. Jack Pope August 24, 2015 at 9:05 pm #

My wife and I are doing a NYC/New England road trip and on the road starting from Kent VT on Sept 30, moving north as far as St. Johnny before heading over and back to Boston. Where’s our best options for colour?

• Jose F Moreno September 10, 2015 at 7:37 pm #

can you tell me the answer ?

3. Barry September 1, 2015 at 2:21 pm #

Do you have a link to the weekly updates that began August 20? I don’t see them.

Do you cover adjacent areas such as NY state and Canada?

4. Barry September 1, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have difficulty reading a number
    of pages, as the right margin is cut
    off when i use this android lg phone.
    Even the technique of squeezing two
    fingers doesn’t change the cutoff.

Also, I’m unable to pause the foliage
    predictor map.

Can you help?

5. Tish October 6, 2015 at 7:30 pm #

I was wondering if there will be peak foliage after Columbus Day in MA/NH/VT/CT/and the Bershires, MA. And in your opinion where the best would be!
    Thank you for your response.