Amish Macaroni Salad
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This recipe for Amish Macaroni Salad is a delicious summertime classic! The sugar lends a sweetness to it that acts as a nice counterpart to the vinegar.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbs pickle relish
- 2 cups fat free Miracle Whip
- 3 tbs yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp celery seed
Instructions:1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add macaroni and until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl mix together eggs, onion, celery, pepper, and relish.
3. In a small bowl stir together the salad dressing, musterd, sugar, vinger, salt, and celery seed. Pour over the vegetable, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
4. Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.