Ances Mexican Cornbread
Yield: 20 TO 24
- 3 large eggs
- 6 full slices crisp fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 12-ounce package sharp grated cheese
- 1 can Green Giant mexicorn
- 3 cups yellow self-rising cornmeal
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- 1/2 large onion, grated
- 4 whole jalapeno peppers, grated
- whole milk, warm
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat eggs in a large bowl, add remaining ingredients and add warm whole milk to bring the mixture to a "smooth" consistency. Spoon into 2 well-oiled muffins pans.
Fill muffin cups about half full. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown.