Yield: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons malt or cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 3 medium-size apples, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Instructions:In a screw-top jar, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and almond extract. Cover the jar and shake well until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours.
Just before serving, combine the greens, apple wedges, celery, and scallions in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with the almonds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve immediately.