Apple Caramel Bars
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup caramel candies, unwrapped and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Instructions:Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cut in
butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pour mixture into
prepared baking pan and evenly into bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
In a mixing bowl beat eggs, vanilla, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup
flour. Stir in apples, caramels, and nuts. Pour over bottom crust.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool about 5 minutes and
while still warm cut into bars. Cool completely before serving.
Makes 16 bars.