* 2 tablespoons Armagnac or other good-quality brandy
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
* 5 sheets phyllo dough (at least 11 by 14 inches), thawed if frozen
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
* Confectioners' sugar and whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in upper third. Gently stir together breadcrumbs, apple, raisins, prunes, honey, brandy, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Set filling aside.
2. Brush a sheet of phyllo with butter. Top with 2 sheets, and brush with butter; repeat. Spread with filling. Starting at a short end, roll to enclose filling. Transfer, seam side down, to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
(Sounds like too many breadcrumbs!)
3. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Transfer strudel to a wire rack; let cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and serve with whipped cream.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.