Yield: Serves 4
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- * 3/4 cup grated peeled red apple (1 to 2 apples)
- * 1/2 cup golden raisins
- * 1/4 cup pitted prunes, coarsely chopped
- * 1/4 cup honey
- * 2 tablespoons Armagnac or other good-quality brandy
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- * 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- * 5 sheets phyllo dough (at least 11 by 14 inches), thawed if frozen
- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- * Confectioners' sugar and whipped cream, for serving
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in upper third. Gently stir together breadcrumbs, apple, raisins, prunes, honey, brandy, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Set filling aside.
2. Brush a sheet of phyllo with butter. Top with 2 sheets, and brush with butter; repeat. Spread with filling. Starting at a short end, roll to enclose filling. Transfer, seam side down, to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
(Sounds like too many breadcrumbs!)
3. Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Transfer strudel to a wire rack; let cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and serve with whipped cream.