Asian chicken and broccoli and noodles
- Asian Chicken and Broccoli with Noodles
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta, prepared according to package
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 small
- Breast halves)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided use
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh or frozen ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced, optional
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes, optional
Instructions:Prepare pasta according to package directions and keep warm.
Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and set aside. Prepare onion,
Carrots, broccoli and green onions; set aside. In small bowl, whisk
Together the chicken broth, cornstarch, oyster sauce and soy sauce;
Grate ginger and mince garlic, if desired, and set aside.
Heat large skillet or wok 1-to-2o minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons
Of peanut oil and heat at least 1 minute. Stir in chicken cubes and
Cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add
Remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil to pan and stir in sliced onion
And carrots; stir-fry until onion is slightly softened, about 2
Stir in broccoli and add about 1/3 of the chicken broth
Mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Add remaining chicken broth mixture, ginger, garlic, if
Desired, and sliced green onions. Stir in crushed hot pepper flakes,
If desired. Return chicken to pan and stir-fry over medium-high heat
Until chicken is heated through and thoroughly cooked and broccoli is
Crisp but tender and very bright green.
Serve at once over noodles.