Yield: 4 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 spears asparagus, chopped, tips set aside
Instructions:Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a glass 8-inch-square pan, coating the bottom thoroughly. In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly and stir in the cheeses. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl; add to egg mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in the asparagus except tips.
Pour mixture into the baking pan, place 2 asparagus tips on each of the four servings, and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees; continue baking another 20 minutes. Cut each souffle into four pieces and serve hot.