Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, about 6 cups cooked
- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup coarse bread crumbs, approximately
- 10 to 12 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste (remember, cheese is quite salty)
- 1 cup milk
Instructions:Cook the macaroni according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cold water. Grease (with butter) bottom and sides of a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Put in a layer of macaroni, sprinkle with cheese, dot with butter, salt, and pepper. Repeat until all ingredients are used up, ending with layer of cheese. Add milk. Sprinkle a good layer of bread crumbs over the top; dot with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.