Bean, Chicken and Spinach Roll Ups
- 2 Cans garbanzo beans (about 14 oz each)drained,
- or 1/2 pound dry garbanzo beans cooked according to package directions and drained.
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 10-12 tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional salsa or enchilada sauce sour cream
Instructions:Mash beans and spinach in food processor or blender, keeping most of the liquid from the thawed spinach, this will help the beans mash up.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, salsa, and spices to the mixing bowl. Mix well. Place about 2-3 tablespoons per tortilla, adding shredded cheese to each tortilla. Fold over the tortillas and place in a cooking dish. Add enchilada sauce or salsa to the tops of the tortillas and a little more cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. You may also skip the cooking and adding the sauce on top and fry them in a pan with some cooking spray so that they are more like quesadillas!