Brandy Alexander Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1/4 cup creme de cacao
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 9-inch Chocolate Crumb Crust (see below)
Instructions:Sprinkle the gelatin over cold water in saucepan. Add 1/3 cup of the sugar, salt, and the egg yolks. Stir to blend. Heat over low heat while stirring until the gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cognac and creme de cacao. Chill until the mixture starts to mound slightly.
Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in the remaining sugar and fold into the thickened gelatin mixture. Fold in one cup of the whipped cream. Turn into the crust. Chill. Top with the remaining cup of whipped cream.
Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, crushed very fine
- 6 tablespoons melted butter