Yield: 4 to 8 servings
Whether you are in the mood for a vegetarian main dish or just an extra-tasty side dish, this broccoli-noodle casserole with cheese recipe is sure to please.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- cracker crumbs
Cook the broccoli according to the package directions; drain. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions; drain. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, and milk. Add the broccoli.
In a greased 2-1/2-quart casserole, make several alternating layers of broccoli, sauce, and noodles, beginning and ending with broccoli. Top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot.