Yield: 6 servings
A great choice for brunch or supper. Broccoli Quiche is delicious served with toasted French bread and slices of fresh tomatoes on the side.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light cream or milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook the broccoli according to the package directions. Drain the broccoli, plunge it into cold water to stop the cooking, and drain well.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, cream, and salt. Stir in the broccoli, cheese, and mushrooms, if using. Pour into the pie shell. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.