Broccoli Stalks with Herbed Cheese
Yield: Serves 4
When peeled and cut into discs, broccoli stalks are transformed into tender, delicate morsels. Melted Boursin cheese provides a flavorful sauce.
- 1 medium bunch broccoli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) herbed Boursin cheese
1. Separate the flowerets from the stalks and reserve the flowerets for another use. Peel the stalks with a swivel-blade peeler, then cut them into 1/2-inch lengths.
2. Melt the butter in a wide saucepan and add the broccoli, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper and add the water. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Uncover the pan and continue stirring until all the liquid is evaporated.
3. Push the broccoli to one side of the pan and spoon in the Boursin cheese. As the cheese begins to melt, mix in the broccoli and heat until bubbly. Serve hot.