Brownie Pudding Cake
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2-1/4 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-1/4 cups boiling water
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
Into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Combine the milk, oil, and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Pour into the baking pan.
In a medium-size bowl, combine the brown sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa, and boiling water. Mix until smooth. Gently pour over the batter. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm.