Brussels Sprouts with Dilled Lemon Sauce
Yield: Serves 4
Brussels sprouts are stir-fried until crisp-tender, then coated with a zesty lemon sauce.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
1. In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the water, and the cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved and blend in the chicken broth. Add the honey and place over medium heat. Stir until the honey melts and the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat evenly. Stir over high heat until the Brussels sprouts rum bright green. Pour on the remaining 1/4 cup of water and reduce the heat to medium, stirring until the Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender and the liquid is evaporated.
3. Pour the lemon sauce over the Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle on the dill leaves. Stir until the sauce begins to bubble and serve at once.