Caesar Salad Dressing with Roasted Garlic
Yield: 1-1/2 to 2 cups
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 6 anchovies, (mashed to yield about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 lemon, zest/juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons roasted garlic or 1 clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup olive oil
Instructions:In the bowl of a food processor place all of the ingredients, except the oil
Slowly add the olive oil to the egg mixture, in a slow steady stream, until all of the oil is incorporated and it becomes like mayonnaise.
Taste to adjust the seasonings, adding water, vinegar or lemon juice if the dressing is too thick.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve
In a bowl, toss together cleaned & dried hearts of romaine lettuce leaves, (about 3 to 4 leaves, torn into small pieces) with a few garlic herb croutons & about 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese & the Caesar Salad Dressing, (about 1 tablespoon) mixing together to coat all of the lettuce leaves, begin careful not to over mix... serve on chilled a plates
Serve with freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, & an anchovy or two on top of the salad... garnish with a wedge of lemon