Cajun Grilled Tofu and Eggplant
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Add spice to your health!
Do this to eggplant and combine them on a sandwich or on a bed of noodles! Mmmmm!
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Creole Seasoning Rub
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning Rub
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir to blend. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
1. Press the excess water out of the tofu. Cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices and place in a 13 X 9-inch glass baking dish.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the canola oil and the seasoning. Brush mixture over both sides of the tofu, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Rotisserie directions: Coat the rotisserie basket with nonstick cooking spray, lay tofu in basket, and close lid tightly. Load basket onto spit rod assembly and grill the tofu until browned on the outside, 10 to 12 minutes.
Grill alternative: Lightly coat grill with oil and grill tofu over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
Skillet alternative: Use grill pan or other heavy-bottom skillet. Coat with oil and heat over medium-high heat, add tofu and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.