cappucino pecan nuggets
- Cappuccino Pecan Nuggets
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark), chopped
- 12 vanilla or chocolate caramels
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon whipping (heavy) cream
- 72 large pecan halves (1 1/2 cups)
- 10 to 12 ounces milk or semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Instant espresso coffee (dry)
1. Line square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, with aluminum foil,
Leaving 1 inch of foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; spray
With cooking spray.
2. Heat brown sugar, 1 tablespoon coffee and the milk to boiling in 2-
Quart saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in candy coating until melted.
Pour into pan. Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until firm.
Remove mixture from pan, using foil edges to lift. Cut into 6 rows by
3. Heat caramels, chocolate chips and whipping cream in 1-quart
Saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is
Melted and smooth. Refrigerate uncovered about 15 minutes, stirring
Once or twice, until mixture holds its shape and is cool enough to
4. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. For each nugget, roll 1/2
Teaspoon caramel-chocolate mixture into ball; press between 2 pecan
Halves and flatten slightly. Shape 1 square coffee mixture evenly
Around pecan cluster; roll between hands to form ball. Place on
Cookie sheet. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until firm.
5. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Melt baking chocolate and
Shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Dip 1 nugget at a time into chocolate mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
Immediately sprinkle coffee over some of the nuggets. Drizzle
Remaining melted chocolate over some of the nuggets if desired.
Refrigerate about 10 minutes or just until set. Serve at room
Temperature. Store in airtight container at room temperature.