Caramelized Onion Pizza
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 Oso Sweet Onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 pizza dough round
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
Instructions:In a large skillet, cook the onions, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper in the olive oil at moderate heat until the juices are released. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread the onions over the dough round, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Sprinkle with olives and cheese and bake 15 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Just before serving, sprinkle the pizza with the sun-dried tomatoes.
Yield: Serves 8
Chef’s Tip: Brush the border of the pizza with olive oil for a shiny brown crust.