Carrot Cake Cheesecake
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I found this recipe and made it for my wife.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- Carrot Cake:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8-1/2 ounce can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained well, reserve juice
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
Instructions:Cheesecake: In large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in flour, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside. Meanwhile prepare Carrot Cake.
Carrot Cake: In large bowl, combine oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, mixing well. Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
Spread 1-1/2 cups carrot cake batter over bottom of greased 9- or 9-1/2-inch springform pan. Drop cream cheese batter over carrot cake batter by spoonfuls; top with large spoonfuls of remaining carrot cake batter. Repeat with remaining cream cheese batter, spreading evenly with a knife. Do not marble with a knife. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 65 minutes or until cake is set and cooked through. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate. When cake is cold, prepare Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and reserved pineapple juice. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. Frost top of cheesecake. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.