Cauliflower with Chive Butter
Yield: Serves 4
Fresh chives are a lively complement to the flavor of steamed cauliflower.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets. Place them in a basket set over boiling water and steam the cauliflower for 20 to 30 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine the butter, lemon juice, mustard, salt, land cayenne in a small saucepan. Heat until the butter melts. Stir to blend and add the chives.
3. Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a serving bowl and pour on the chive butter. Serve immediately.