Chicken Tenders with Creamy Honey Mustard
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- * coarse salt and ground pepper
- * 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (tenderloins)
- * 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- * 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- * 1 tablespoon honey
- * 4 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- * 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into sticks
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 475. Place flour in a shallow bowl, and egg in a second one; season both with salt and pepper. Pulse cereal and oil in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a third shallow bowl.
2. Coat chicken: first in flour, shaking off excess; then with egg, letting excess drip off; and finally in cereal mixture, pressing to help it adhere. Place on a baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Serve tenders and vegetables with creamy honey mustard on the side.