Chili With Pineapple Cornbread
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 can light kidney beans
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 can peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 can Mexican or chili style stewed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 hot peppers
- 1 package of chili seasoning or your own combination
- 1 pkg. cornbread (check for vegan ingredients)
- 1 sm. can crushed pineapple
Saute chopped onion and green pepper until they start to
brown then add beans. Add seasoning and let set over low
heat until thick, then add tomatoes and cook until you are
ready to eat.
For the corn bread, omit the directions and just add the
pinapple, cook in pie pan until golden brown. This is
perfect crumbled into the chili. This recipe is easy and
can use stuff in your pantry and is good for camping.
Makes enough to feed several hungry people, and is popular
even with meat eaters. Warning: make sure you check the
ingredients on the cornbread package.