Chocolate Acorns (Rum Balls)
- 3-1/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup rum
Instructions:In a large bowl, stir together the crushed vanilla wafers, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and nuts. Blend in corn syrup and rum.
Using a melon baller, scoop up the mixture and put in a large plastic spoon and roll in a circular motion until round, then with the ball in your melon baller push on the ball until it looks like an acorn. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container for several days to develop the flavor. Roll again in confectioners' sugar before serving.