Coconut Snowball Crisps
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- # 3 large egg whites
- # 1 pinch salt
- # 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- # 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- # 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- # 1/4 cup cornstarch
Instructions:1. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 200°. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the egg whites and salt on medium speed until thick and foamy. Sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar and, once incorporated, beat at high speed until firm and glossy, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together the coconut, rice cereal and cornstarch. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the egg mixture until combined.
3. Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until firm and dry to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool completely.