Coke Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Coke Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9"x13"x2" pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, and Coca Cola. Add to the flour and sugar mixture, stirring well.
Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Fold in the miniature marshmallows, and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and frost while still warm.
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chopped, salted nuts
Instructions:Preheat the broiler.
Cream together the butter, sugar, and peanut butter. Beat in the milk, then fold in the nuts.
Spread over warm cake, then place the cake under the broiler, about 4 inches from the heat.
Broil only for a few seconds until the topping starts to boil. Watch carefully!
Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.