Yield: Serves 6
- 4 large mealy potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup medium or whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size green cabbage, shredded
- 8 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Instructions:1. Drop the potatoes into a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Immediately break up the potatoes with a fork to release the steam. Add the cream and 4 tablespoons of the butter and beat until smooth.
2. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and add the shredded cabbage. Stir over medium heat until wilted. Add the onions and water. Continue stirring until the cabbage is tender and the liquid is evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the potatoes and parsley. Continue stirring over medium heat until the potatoes are heated through. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve piping hot.