Cold Pasta Salad with Chilies
Yield: Serves 4
Zesty green chilies enliven this cold pasta salad made with spaghetti.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 green onions, green and white portion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green chilies, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound spaghetti, boiled and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, red bell pepper, garlic, and chilies. Stir over medium heat until the onions are tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
2. Add the drained spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat each strand with oil. Sprinkle on the feta, basil, and parsley. Toss to combine. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate. When thoroughly chilled, serve the pasta salad with sliced tomatoes.