Cottage Pudding with Nutmeg Sauce
Here's a real, old-fashioned dish that your family will like just as much as ours does. Try to use freshly grated nutmeg.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
Instructions:Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar and egg. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Add the flavoring. Bake in an 8-inch greased pan for 25 minutes in a 375 degrees F oven.
Serve warm with Nutmeg Sauce (see below).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg