Cranberry Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The tart, dried version of fall's "bouncing bog berry" is the perfect counterpoint to sweet chocolate pieces in this chunky cookie. Glasses of cold milk are a must!
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (do not substitute fresh berries)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Cream the butter in a large bowl, gradually adding the brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Blend in the vanilla.
Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture in two stages. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Line two cookie sheets with foil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto the sheets, leaving 3 inches between each cookie. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.