Curried Chicken Salad
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of alfalfa or other sprouts
- Wheat bread (I like Borowsky's 12 grain organic bread)
Instructions:Cut the chicken into cubes and simmer gently until fully cooked. Drain chicken and cut into small cubes (you can also pulse in a food processor until the chicken is cut into small chunks).
Add the curry, mayonnaise, grapes, nuts, and vegetables and gently mix with a large spoon (be careful not to break the grapes). Let mixture sit a couple of hours to let the delicious curry flavor develop and blend into the entire mixure.
To serve: spread a little mayo on the bread, if desired. Then add a handfull of sprouts and add the chicken salad. Enjoy!