Yield: 8 servings
This is how my daddy made it. Everyone who has eaten it just loves it. I love it because it reminds me of him.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sleeves saltines
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, plain or with herbs of choice
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Instructions:With hands, mix beef, sausage, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and eggs in large bowl. Add saltines until stiff enough to form loaf. Bake 60-90 minutes at 350 degrees until no longer pink in middle (170 degrees).
Spread ketchup on top during last 10-15 minutes.