We reserve the right to remove or edit comments that are offensive or disrespectful to our readers and/or writers, cannot be verified, lack clarity, or contain profanity. Your comments may be republished by Yankee Magazine across multiple platforms.
This recipe for easy homemade turtle candy makes the perfect gift due to its simplicity. Decorate using your favorite candy melt colors and sprinkles.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
2. Arrange the pretzels on the cookie sheet in an even layer, then top with a chocolate covered caramel. Keep the chocolate in the center of the pretzel.
3. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 4-5 minutes or as long as it takes for the chocolate to soften but not melt.
4. Carefully remove the cookie sheet from the oven and gently press a pecan onto the softened chocolate covered caramel. Shake candy sprinkles over everything if using, then set the cookie sheet aside to cool.
5. Once cooled, place a handful of candy melts in a zip-top plastic bag and microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stopping to knead the bag in between until it is smooth.
6. Snip the very tip of one corner of the bag, then drizzle over homemade turtle candy. Allow to cool.
In this issue: Summer Off the Beaten Path
©2013, Yankee Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Yankee Publishing Inc., | P.O. Box 520, Dublin, NH 03444 | (603) 563-8111