Updated Friday, January 27th, 2012
This recipe for easy homemade turtle candy makes the perfect gift due to its simplicity. Decorate using your favorite candy melt colors and sprinkles.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
2. Arrange the pretzels on the cookie sheet in an even layer, then top with a chocolate covered caramel. Keep the chocolate in the center of the pretzel.
3. Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 4-5 minutes or as long as it takes for the chocolate to soften but not melt.
4. Carefully remove the cookie sheet from the oven and gently press a pecan onto the softened chocolate covered caramel. Shake candy sprinkles over everything if using, then set the cookie sheet aside to cool.
5. Once cooled, place a handful of candy melts in a zip-top plastic bag and microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stopping to knead the bag in between until it is smooth.
6. Snip the very tip of one corner of the bag, then drizzle over homemade turtle candy. Allow to cool.
and get a free digital issue, plus 30% off in the Yankee Store
Comments maybe edited for length and clarity.