Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups water
- salt to taste
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice (1-1/2 to 2 cups uncooked)
- 4 to 6 cups steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, cauliflower, peppers, etc.)
Instructions:In a medium-size saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bay leaves and saute until the onion is transparent, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger, cayenne, vinegar, lemon juice, peanut butter, water, and salt. Simmer over low heat until smooth and thickened, approximately 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
Arrange the rice on a large serving platter. Top with the vegetables. Pour the sauce over the vegetables.