garden potato salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces green beans , ends trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 2 pounds red potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Instructions:1. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, shallot, and pepper together in large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing in measuring cup.
2. Bring 6 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Add green beans and salt. Cook, uncovered, until green beans are slightly tender but still crisp, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to plate lined with paper towels to drain briefly, then add to bowl with dressing. Toss to coat.
3. Add potatoes to still simmering water. Bring back to boil and cook until paring knife can be inserted into potatoes with no resistance, 7 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to colander and drain briefly. Add hot potatoes to bowl with beans and dressing. Toss gently to combine and let sit at least 10 minutes.
4. Add parsley, chives, basil, and reserved dressing to bowl. Toss gently to combine and serve.